Beat the summer heat with this delicious and easy iced mocha recipe. Add some vegan chocolate whipped cream to make a really decadent treat! (recipe and photo credits Veronik Lacombe).
Iced Mocha Ingredients
- 2 shots of your favorite espresso
- 1 cup of milk (any vegan milk works as well)
- 2 Tbs of Liquid Cocoa (more or less to taste)
Vegan Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 can of Cha's Organic Coconut Whipping Cream
- 2/3 of a cup of Liquid Cocoa
Instructions for Whipped Cream
Prepare whipped cream first and chill until mocha is ready. Keep any unused portion in an airtight container in the fridge.
1) Whip the coconut cream with Liquid Cocoa until thick.
2) Chill in refrigerator until ready to use.
Instructions for Iced Mocha
1) Prepare the espresso shots and mix in Liquid Cocoa. Stir until the chocolate sauce is completely diluted
2) Add to cold milk and stir
3) Add ice
4) Top with the chocolate whipped cream and enjoy!
For a slushy version, blend the mocha and ice in a blender.