Liquid Cocoa is so versatile, it can be used to make baked goods like these delicious vegan double chocolate donuts. These are the perfect for any time of the day. We dare you to have just one!
(For 6 donuts)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Rebel Liquid Cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 ripe banana (mashed with the fork)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plant based yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract (optional)
For the glaze
3/4 cup Rebel Liquid Cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease a donut pan with plant based margarine or spray with cooking spray
- In a large bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar)
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the wet ingredients (mashed banana, yogurt, coconut oil, liquid cocoa and mint extract)
- Pour it into the bowl with flour mixture and mix just until combined
- Fill donut cavities with batter ¾ way full using a spoon or a piping bag
- Bake donuts for 9-11 minutes, remove from the oven and let them cool in the baking pan.
- Remove donuts from the pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool them completely before glazing
- Fill the deep plate or bowl with liquid cocoa, dip the tops of donuts into the chocolate glaze. Place them on a plate and allow them to set for at least 15 minutes in the fridge. Enjoy!